Art for Little Kids: 26 Playful Projects for Preschoolers
Packed with 26 fun and colorful exercises geared toward 3- to 6-year-olds, this book offers parents and teachers an outstanding source of creative art activities to inspire and enrich this wide-eyed and open-hearted age group.
Activities are organized by medium and designed to encourage self-expression. Each Lab also features the work of a prominent artist for inspiration. Gorgeous photography shows different results from different people using the same lesson, exemplifying the way the lesson brings out each artist's personal style.
- drawing with food coloring-tinted ice cubes.
- painting using a spray bottle and tempera paints.
- printmaking using balloons, lace, and potatoes to place ink.
- sculpting with tinfoil, cups, and papier-m ch .
- creating mixed media art with magazines, oil pastels, and wallpaper samples.
The popular Little Learning Labs series (based on the larger format Lab for Kids series) features a growing list of books that share hands-on activities and projects on a wide host of topics, including art, astronomy, geology, math, and even bugs--all authored by established experts in their fields. Each lab contains a complete materials list, clear step-by-step photographs of the process, as well as finished samples. The activities are open-ended, designed to be explored over and over, often with different results. Geared toward being taught or guided by adults, they are enriching for a range of ages and skill levels. Gain firsthand knowledge on your favorite topic with Little Learning Labs.
Explore a fun and inspiring collection of wonderful art activities for the preschool set
- : 9781631598135
- : Quarto Publishing Group USA
- : Quarry Books
- : September 2019
- : .4 Inches X 8.6 Inches X 11 Inches
- : books
- : English
- : 80
- : Susan Schwake; Rainer Schwake (Contribution by)
- : Paperback