This series of five comprehensive books emphasises oral language development and covers all the basics for early childhood (from four years of age) while also assisting older students who are struggling with phonics and spelling. It incorporates skills that fit into any phonics or spelling program.
Twelve skills are presented in developmental order over the five books and include the following skills:
• Book 1: Auditory discrimination, Rhyming and Alliteration
• Book 2: Segmentation and syllabification, and Blending
• Book 3: Phoneme matching and Phoneme isolation
• Book 4: Phoneme completion, and Phoneme addition and deletion
• Book 5: Phoneme segmentation, Phoneme substitution and Phoneme reversal
The skills are presented as fun, hands-on games and activities for the whole class, small groups or pairs, with full instructions (including the actual words to say if required), all game/activity resources, supporting worksheets if applicable, differentiation suggestions, and formative and summative assessments. Literature links and suggested websites for games are also included where applicable.