Blake's Learning Centres are a wonderful, motivating way for students to practise important skills. The 10 Centres in this book are self-contained and portable, and students can work individually or in a group. Once you've made the Centres, they are ready to use at any time.
This book contains full-colour materials to construct 10 easy-to-make Centres. A Teacher Instructions' page is included with each Centre, as well as a Centre Checklist for recording students' progress.
The Centres contain:
- student directions/cover page
- task cards and/or mat(s)
- reproducible written practice sheets
- answer key
Each Centre supports the Australian Mathematics Curriculum for the Foundation Year by providing fun practice in key maths skills.
- counting and writing numerals to 20
- sequencing numbers within 100
- adding numbers with sums to 10
- using measurement and comparative language
- ordering the duration of events using clocks
- sorting familiar 2D and 3D shapes by attributes