New Wave Spelling - a phonics-based approach is a seven-book spelling workbook series providing students with a solid framework for becoming independent spellers.
Student workbook includes:
- Comprehensive whole-year program of 20 units of work
- Spelling lists of words with common phonemes represented in different ways
- Words selected from proven australian contemporary lists
- Variety of activities to develop spelling strategies
- Spelling rules
- Vowel and consonant phonics reference charts.
Teacher Resource Book support material to enhance teaching and learning opportunites includes:
- Detailed program outlines and suggested timetables
- Unit focus, teaching points, word building examples, dictation sentences and answers
- Evaluation checklists
- Spelling activities and games for individual, partner and group work and learning centres
- Overview of list focus ans activity types
- Spelling strategy cards.